Friday, May 29, 2009

Rejoice

 It has been a crazy couple weeks as we have exploded our house and we have packed up everything to get out of our house.  It has been quite stressful to us, and unfortunatly when you don't have anything to direct that towards, I seem to take it out on my most loved ones. Not exactly my finest moments, but there is comfort in that we do know it is the stress and tiredness speaking, not our hearts.  This is more stressful than I had imagined and we have far to go before we are in Panama and I start at Crossroads, but we need to get this house closing behind us. I need to look at the rays of sunshine during this time. 


Clare is awesome at organizing and packing. I have a strong back and truck that works. (You can see who the brain is and who is the brawn.) Ro is aware of everything.  Every piece of furniture or toy she asks if we are selling it.  She was great with selling toys to other children at the garage sale. She now asks if items are going on the big boat to "hanama."  Essie is great with anyone that comes around and is willing to hold her.  She is now paci free and is talking up a storm (not always a blessing). Field is the most content baby. He has cut a tooth and working on  a second one without hardly a peep. He will also jump for 2 hours in the johnny jump up, having a great time.  God has truly blessed me and I can't wait to share them with the people of Panama. 


 In the midst of two back to back day trips with a uhaul trailer, I was blessed with some time to listen to some podcasts of Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Church in Seattle. He was preaching on 1st Peter and talking on how we all face trials.  He was reminding me that trials are different for everyone, and the old addage that of walking in someone else's shoes goes both ways.  They are not walking in your shoes either.  I know I have found myself in this time, telling myself and others' that atleast I am not losing a child or my marriage.  It is just money and a house. We should not blow off our own trials though as that is what God is giving us to sharpen us in that area.  In light of eternity it is not a big deal, but it is painful and fills my heart with poison towards mankind.  We are told we are going to have trials, not one trial, but many.  The good news, that Mark was saying is that it is just life.  There are going to be very hard times in life and I know there will be many more to come. But the beautiful thing is that it is just life. Better to have a terrible hard life and a glorious eternity than to have a comfortable 80ish years and be in anguish forever.  We need to rejoice in our trials, as we serve a Lord that has conquered death and saved us from an eternity of anguish.  I dont want to short change my own trials and what God is carrying me through.  It is just money, it is just a house, but that is part of the fallen world we live in. I want to accept how hard it is for me and my family and rejoice that I have a Father I can lean on in these times and praise forever.


Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; And let them say among the nations, "The Lord reigns."   1 Chronicles 16:31

1 comment:

  1. Love reading the blog. Keep em coming. It was such a gift to get to spend a few days together before we left. Tell the kids I love them!
    Love you too. Thinking about you in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete