Saturday, May 25, 2013

GO...Seniors!

One of my favorite things to do is plan a party! So a planning I went. I had 3 weeks since my last project where I redid a friends house while she was away as a surprise (that was fun and crazy and worth it and for another post...) so this time it was THE SENIOR BANQUET!

I set the theme for the night and went with a Global theme with maps and worlds!

The invitations was suppose to look like a luggage tag and complete with a passport page! Thank you graphic friend Cheryl (and friend of other gifts too!)

I searched the city high and low and even lower to get what I could (not what I want, remember I like in Panama and "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"

So here is how the night turned out and here is my charge to this great class of 2013.

"It is not the just the "Oh the Places You Will Go." It's 'where you have been' and 'where you are now' that help make how you go. I choose this theme and prayed for each of you by name as I cut out maps and twirled paper. I pray that because of where you came from you are ready for where you are going. You kids from all over the world, kids that speak multiple languages that live cross culturally, you have a leg up but remember to give because it is not about what you get out of this world, it is about what you give. Give and you will see how you will be the one blessed. If I want you to remember anything from tonight remember that. Giving is better than getting. Now GO....!"


Getting ready for the big night! 

Some of my crazy helpers!!!

Something for all to do! 

Most of my Senior Banquet Helpers! Yall are awesome...even if you needed community service hours! 

Before the Lights went out...not the strands...that did happen 4 times when we were stringing them! 

Lights out and trying the color lens!  
Ready to GO!


So the whole story behind the Map. A friend's husband is an artist and she gets prints done to sell and the printer wraps the prints in these old air or sea maps. So we got tons of them for free!!! 

God is so good how these things come together! $1 plants from the store. Re-used pots from past parties,  $.50 placemat from the chinito, free map, chalk board I bought in CA,  candles and sand!  

Can't go wrong with lights and lanterns! 

So 90 Balloons will not fill up a room...it will just slightly cover the high gloss oil bases cream paint. Lets just say no one has asked me to pick out paint colors at the church....I am waiting though. 

Teachers and favorite "Greek Girl!" My servers and helpers for the night had to dress up "Globally!" They got pretty creative! 

Wish the lights were out so you could see hoe adorable this turned out! 

You get the picture! 

Saw these on pinterest and had all my extra time kids cutting and stapling!  
So cool seeing how each turned out differently, like snowflakes! 

Seniors....a place of honor! 

When you run out of blue paint on the last letter you improvise with darker paint and make it look like shadows...sort of!  

What to do with the columns! 

At least the juice matches the kitchen colors! 


Some of our CCA Ladies! 

Jason and Anjali! Helpers! 


Seniors!!!

Half way through the banquet I started panicking that the glass was gonna sweat on the piano! No Sweat! 

Some CCA men...counting Michael our Student Council President! 

Senior Boys and Mrs. Hillburn! 


Some of the Senior Girls! 

Helpers...and some of my Soccer Girls! 

The Liang Family! Jane (left) plays soccer for me! 

2013 SENIORS!!!!! 

Past Grad Carla...my right hand woman during this fun week! 
My best accessory...this good looking man! (Yep Dad, my nails are blue!)





No comments:

Post a Comment