Monday, August 3, 2009

The Kissisng Hand

We packed a few children's books with us to tide us over until our shipment comes and let me tell you that I have read "Llama Llama Red Pajama" and "Green Eggs and Ham" and "I have a New Potty" so many times that I have lost count. Sooo when I heard there was a garage sale of someone with kiddos returning to the states I was hopeful that there would be some books I could buy and expand our material!
The garage sale was a bit over priced, but only the Americans have them so they can sell it for more than you think they should. $2 a book. I bought 4.
I have already read them several times today, but was struck by one in particular. Let me explain.
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn is a book about a racoon anxious about starting school not wanting to go, he likes his toys, his friends, his swing and wants to stay home with his momma. (I know how he feels!)
His mom tells him, "Sometimes we all have to do things we don't want to do, even if they seem strange and scary at first. But you will love school once you start." She goes on to tell him about the kissing hand. She takes his little paw spreads open his fingers and kisses him right in the middle of his palm. She says, "Whenever you feel lonely and need a little loving from home, just press you hand to your cheek and think, 'Mommy loves you, Mommy loves you.'" She goes on to tell him not to worry the kiss with stick.
The little racoon loved his Kissing Hand, knowing that his mother's love would go with him wherever he went. He even kisses his mother's palm as he scampers off to school to remind her that he loves her. It fills her heart.
I thought it was a cute book.
After I FINALLY got all my children down for a nap. I was feeling a bit like Chester the Racoon and wondering what I have done to myself and my children, feeling anxious about our move to Panama. I read some of the Psalms searching for some comfort, it didn't really work. Then I read about Cain killing Abel which also was not comforting as Essie tried to kill Field in the tub and then again pressing his face into a pillow only minutes later today. So again I pulled out my Jesus Calling book and it was so profound.
"Nothing can separate you from My Love....whenever you start to feel fearful or anxious, repeat this unconditional promise." "
"Be assured that I never abandon any of My children, not even temporarily. I HAVE ENGRAVED YOU ON THE PALMS OF MY HANDS."
What an unbelievable promise. I have my very own Kissing Hand. I am forever engraved in the palm of my Lord and Savior. There is no greater proof of unconditional love. I am not forsaken in the midst of my anxious thoughts.
I read both over again today to see how the Lord used a little racoon to remind me that I am NEVER separated from my Creator even when I am not wanting to try something different like go grocery shopping in a cramped store with people who assume you know their language looking for food that you can and want to eat when anything familiar is 5 times what it is at the large Publix back in the states. I liked what I had and everything around me has changed but I know the thing that does not change is that I have the knowledge that God's love for me sticks and is not going to rub off. Soooo comforting.

On another note...If you feel so led to pray for us, please pray that we find a car that is reliable and a good price. To be specific, we need a 7 seater, diesel gas, automatic, low mileage in the low teens for price....everything is more expensive here than we thought! Better to be specific than not!

All our love...and all our gratitude to our Lord whom we have the divine assurance of His Love!
Clare

6 comments:

  1. Clare - I will forever see this Scripture differently, because of your blog. Maybe you need to quit "organizing" and start writing...you have a gift....
    Loving you - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - thanks for taking the time to blog. It is good to share (even a little bit) in your daily journey. Praying for and so proud of your family - Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading this blog How precious our Lord is, to remind us that He will never leave us. We are in the palm of his hand. Clare you have encouraged me so much....... Be bold and hit that Grocery store soon, cause HE'S gonna be holding your hand!!!! Love you, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Clare- how amazing. I am praying about a car. love you, ginny

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, can't wait to read this to everybody i know. I love the way ya'll both write. I'm kissing my hand right now. praying for you guys. mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, what a beautiful picture of God's love and provision for us and for you. Thank you for such a sweet reminder. We love you and miss you, and we are thanking God that you got a car! We will keep praying for you guys for sure.
    Love ya'll,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete